TORONTO, June 16, 2020 – Hamilton Capital Partners Inc. (“Hamilton ETFs”) is pleased to announce the estimated cash distributions and estimated final distributions for its suite of financial services ETFs, all of which trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange, for the period ended June 26, 2020.
Estimated cash distributions
The ex-dividend date for these distributions is anticipated to be June 22, 2020, for all unitholders of record on June 23, 2020. The distributions will be paid in cash on or about July 6, 2020.
Please note that these are estimated amounts only. Circumstances may arise that could cause these estimates to change. A press release confirming the final cash distributions will be disseminated on or by June 19, 2020.
|ETF Name||Ticker Symbol||Estimated Cash Distribution per Unit||Annualized Yield (1)||Frequency|
|Hamilton Global Bank ETF(2)||HBG||$0.065||1.65%||Quarterly|
|Hamilton Global Financials Yield ETF(2)||HFY||$0.160||4.64%||Quarterly|
|Hamilton U.S. Mid-Cap Financials ETF (USD)(3)||HFMU.U||US$0.130||4.09%||Quarterly|
|Hamilton Canadian Bank Variable-Weight ETF||HCB||$0.051||4.87%||Monthly|
|Hamilton Australian Financials Yield ETF||HFA||$0.0675||6.53%||Monthly|
- Calculated using the June 15, 2020 net asset value per unit, which is available at hamiltonetfs.com.
- Distributions for Hamilton Global Bank ETF and Hamilton Global Financials Yield ETF are declared and paid in Canadian dollars, including those listed under the U.S. dollar traded tickers HBG.U and HFY.U, respectively. The approximate U.S. dollar equivalent distribution rate for HBG.U is US$0.0479 per unit and HFY.U is US$0.1179 per unit. For unitholders who hold the U.S. dollar traded HBG.U and HFY.U, distribution payments will typically be converted to U.S. dollars by the unitholder’s account holder.
- Distributions for Hamilton U.S. Mid-Cap Financials ETF (USD) are declared and paid in U.S. dollars. The approximate Canadian dollar equivalent distribution rate for HFMU is $0.1765 per unit. For unitholders who hold the Canadian dollar traded HFMU, distribution payments will typically be converted to Canadian dollars by the unitholder’s account holder.
The Hamilton Financials Innovation ETF (ticker “HFT”), which began trading on June 2, 2020, will not pay a distribution for June 2020, owing to the shortened period. Instead, HFT, which pays quarterly distributions, is expected to pay its first cash distribution for the period ended September 30, 2020.
Distributions will vary from period to period.
Estimated final distributions
As announced on April 28, 2020, Hamilton ETFs has proposed, subject to obtaining the required securityholder and regulatory approvals, to merge the following ETFs on or about June 26, 2020:
|TERMINATING FUND||CONTINUING FUND|
|Hamilton Global Bank ETF||HBG||–>||Hamilton Global Financials ETF||HFG|
|Hamilton Global Financials Yield ETF||HFY||–>||Hamilton Global Financials ETF||HFG|
|Hamilton U.S. Mid-Cap Financials ETF (USD)||HFMU.U||–>||Hamilton U.S. Mid/Small-Cap Financials ETF||HUM|
|Hamilton Canadian Bank Variable-Weight ETF||HCB||–>||Hamilton Canadian Bank Mean Reversion Index ETF||HCA|
|Hamilton Australian Financials Yield ETF||HFA||–>||Hamilton Australian Bank Equal-Weight Index ETF||HBA|
The Terminating Funds are required to distribute to unitholders any income or net realized capital gains accumulated year-to-date (“final distribution”). Currently, there are not expected to be any final distributions to be distributed to unitholders of the Terminating Funds over and above the cash distribution described previously. A press release confirming the final capital gains distribution rate, if any, will be disseminated on or soon after the effective date of the merger.
The final distributions, if there are any, will not be paid in cash but will be reinvested and reported as taxable distributions and will be used to increase each unitholder’s adjusted cost base for the respective Continuing ETF. The ex-dividend date for this distribution is anticipated to be June 23, 2020, for all unitholders of record on June 24, 2020. In early 2021, the tax characteristics of all 2020 distributions will be reported to brokers via CDS Clearing and Depository Services Inc.
About Hamilton Capital Partners Inc.
Hamilton ETFs is a Canadian investment manager specializing in the global financial services sector, with a portfolio management team boasting over 60 years of combined experience. The firm’s specialized investment focus is driven by proprietary research, analysis, and analytical tools. Hamilton ETFs is also an active commentator on the global financial services sector; the firm’s most recent Insights can be found at www.hamiltonetfs.com/insights-commentary.
For further information, contact:
- Patrick Sommerville, Partner, Business Development, 416-941-9250, firstname.lastname@example.org
- David Kidane, Regional Director, Business Development, 416-941-9681, email@example.com
- Andréanne Dumais, Regional Director, Business Development, 416-941-9996, firstname.lastname@example.org